Friday, April 16, 2010

Vegas and the Hoover Dam





We have been lucky enough to visit my Uncle, Aunt, and Cousins in Vegas,well henderson to be exact! So we've been there twice this year already, one time was just a visit the next time was for my beautiful cousin Megan's wedding!! So our first time ever visiting my extended family was over Valentines Day weekend! It was a blast! I personally have never been to the Hoover Dam and so we decided to go! I have recently discovered my distaste for heights, however I try to overcome them so that the children don't become nervous or scared! While walking towards it my legs start to turn to jello and I became overwhelmed. I completly started to freak out (still of course attempting to remain calm how those two work I have no clue!) and began to cry. The images of my children falling over the side was just to much to take! It didn't help though that the whole way over Big Forrest kept cracking jokes about pulling a Micheal jackson, I assume you all know to which situation i'm reffering! So I bravely held the boys up just so they could see for themselves how truely amazing what the men of that time were able to accomplish!!


They boys seemed to have enjoyed themselves, although Forrest Jr. commented on how high it was! I think he just liked it too because this is where the Transformers came!! So our second trip was for my cousins wedding! Forrest and I made this trip alone. Which we actually get to do at least once a year thanks to Grandma!! This time our dear friend Megan watched the kiddies for us! Bless technology we sent pictures back and forth, which made the trip not as hard! We had a blast met some amazing new friends, and took in a session at the Las Vegas Temple which was amazing!


On March 27,2010 my Beautiful cousin married Salvador Medina! I am so proud of her, she is such an amazing person! Salvador is very lucky to have her in his life! The reception was beautiful! I was so sad to leave my family, but so much more excited to come back to the kids!! As much as I love spending time with my hubby alone, it's so hard being away from my babies!!

1 comment:

Charles and Crissy said...

And I'm sure it was great to come home to a little bit of normalcy... a week of hosting US at your house, and then right off to Vegas... It gets kind of wearing doesn't it? But thanks again for putting up with us that week. It was so much fun! :)