Friday, September 17, 2010

Danceing the night away with FJ!

Forrest Jr's school put on a dance for Mommies and thier sons (and for any other special gal in their life!). He had asked me last week, so of course I said yes! He was totally excited. We came home from school,and running a few arrends and set off to get ready! He was set to impress tonight! Took a shower and with the help of Daddy put some Brut on, and made sure his hair was did ; ) Like any girl before a date I made him wait 5 minutes (not on purpose) as I was finishing getting ready! He was quite the gentlman, opend my doors for me, complimented me, and then started talking about baseball! When we got to the school he was very adiment on me staying put so he could open my door! I didn't open one door tonight! He actually held my hand as we walked up to the entrance, and paid too ; ) He was very ready to dance but also wanted to wait for his best friend Nicholas! So he decided that he would dance anyway! His buddy showed up just a few moments later and happily joined in with Forrest sliding on the floor! I also must say that Nicholas's Mom and I did not get thirsty, the boys were constantly bringing us drinks!
My son is quite the dancer! I am one proud Momma! He was break dancing, did the air guitar while on the floor and spinning in a circle! But what cracked me up the most was when he got on the Hay Bale and was dancing! It reminded me of the time I pulled the chair on the floor at winter ball my senior year!! I took a picture but it's not very good! We danced a couple of times together, I had to show him my moves! And the one slow dance they had almost brought me to tears even though the song was meant for Father's and Daughters. It was just the thought that my first is not a baby anymore! We had so much fun! After wards I took him to the Frosty King for some much needed ice cream (just in case any of my friends are up here go there they have the best buger and shakes in town!) and a snack! I love my Forrest Jr. and am so glad I got to share this time with him!

2 comments:

Charles and Crissy said...

SOOOOOO cute! What a little Lady's Man. I laughed out loud when you said he put on Brut. That's hilarious! It's good you got to do something like this so early... before he becomes too embarrassed to invite Mom anywhere! Won't THAT be a sad day?!

Sheena said...

ur little boy is so cute!! and i love frosty king!!